This week at hackspace is much quieter compared to last week. On Monday….
- Toby and I worked on the Shapeoko CNC project which has stalled slightly. Got it moving and cutting but still need to tweak the config.
- James M, Alan S, Philip and others continued work on the new workbench
- Philip was playing with analogue sensors and arduino
- Tim and Nicholas were working with Blender, making model planes
- Marion was test-lasercutting signage for our landlords
- Dan, James M and others tried 3D scanning using an XBox Kinect camera
- Everyone played with Dan’s seriously cool robotic arm, and many AA batteries were transferred from one plastic pot to another.
- Dan and Archie began scheming about another project - a real-time IoT tube map
- Brian brought along a box of components which were critiqued by the other hackers
The CNC in action
Playing with robots
There isn’t much happening in the week - Young Makers Tech Club is having their bi-weekly meeting on Saturday (2pm, second floor of the library in the forum) and everyone is having a rest after last week’s craziness!